- White Milk bread slices 8
- Sweetened condensed milk reduced 4 cups
- Chenna crumbled 1 cup
- Powdered sugar 3-4 tablespoons
- Saffron (kesar) for garnishing 1 teaspoon
- Pistachios blanched and chopped 3 teaspoons
- Oil for shallow frying
- Heat reduced milk in a deep non-stick pan till it comes to a boil. Keep stirring once a while.
- Take chhena on a plate and rub well with your palms till it becomes smooth. Add powdered sugar, mix and rub again.
- Add saffron to the milk, stir to mix and heat further. Add 1 teaspoon pistachios, stir well and switch off the heat.
- Add the remaining pistachios to chhena mixture and mix well.
- Discard edges of the bread and dampen them. Squeeze out the excess the water.
- Place a bread slices on a worktop. Put a spoonful of chhena mixture in the centre, cover with another slices and press the edges to seal using some water. Similarly prepare the remaining.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Place prepared bread sandwiches on it and shallow-fry till light golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Place the milk back on heat and put the fried bread sandwiches in it. Soak them well and bring to boil. Refrigerate till chilled.
- Serve chilled garnished with saffron strands.