- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cheese slices
- ½ cup + 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 ¼ teaspoons (1 packet) instant or active dry yeast
- 5 ⅓ tablespoons (⅓ cup) butter melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying (optional)
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 - 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the milk and stir until it is at 105 - 110 degrees F
- Add in the yeast, cooled melted butter, and egg.
- Mix on mediums for 10 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise until doubled.
- Press the dough out into a 6-inch by 14-inch rectangle.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Measure out ½-inch thick slices if you want thinner honey buns or 1-inch slices for thicker slices.
- If you plan on baking these, you'll want to space them 2 inches apart.
- Spray the slices with nonstick baking spray so they don't dry out and cover with plastic wrap.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown.