- 4 to 5 slices of bread or half a loaf of bread. you can use whole wheat or brown or multi grain or white bread
- 2 tablespoon Butter salted or unsalted
- 3 to 4 mediums garlic, minced or grated or crushed
- 100 grams cheese or ½ cup grated cheese, processed or cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- black pepper as required
- red chili flakes as required
- dry oregano or any herb as required
- salt as required to be added if using unsalted butter
- Preheat oven for 200 degrees Celsius/392 degrees Fahrenheit before starting.
- slices the loaf of bread in slices having 0.75 inches width. Now halve each slice.
- Take 2 tbsp softened butter (butter at room temperature) in a bowl. I used salted butter (Amul butter). If using unsalted butter, then add a bit of salt.
- Grate or mince 3 to 4 mediums garlic directly into the butter. Instead of garlic, you can also add garlic chives.
- Mix the grated garlic very well with the butter.
- Grate 100 grams cheddar or mozzarella cheese. About ½ cup grated cheese.
Making Cheese Garlic Bread
- Now spread the garlic butter evenly on all the slices.
- Top with the cheese generously
- Sprinkle with your favourite herb or spice. You can add oregano, basil, red chili flakes, black pepper, Italian seasoning etc.
- Place the bread slices in a baking tray.
Baking Garlic Cheese Bread
- Now keep the baking tray on the top most rack of your otg. If using a microwave oven in the convection mode, then keep the baking tray on the glass turn table.
- Bake at 200 degrees Celsius/392 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 6 minutes till the edges become a light golden and a bit crisp.
- The cheese will also melt. You don't need to toast these slices.
- Serve these cheesy garlic bread hot with tomato ketchup as a starter or as as a snack.
To Make Cheese Garlic Bread On a Stove Top Or Tawa
- Heat a thick bottomed tawa (griddle) on a mediums flame.
- Keep the flame to the lowest and place the bread slices on the tawa (griddle).
- Cover with a lid in such a way that the lid does not touch the grated cheese.
- Roast for some minutes till the cheese melts.